Over the years Preservation Treatments have been instructed to provide structural solutions associated with bulging walls, wall tie failure, cracked masonry, lack of lateral restraint, failed lintels and settlement. In the past, the only option available to our clients was to rebuild or replace at a huge cost and inconvenience.
The Helifix system saves our clients significant amounts of money. Through careful specification, knowledge and practical application, we can provide our clients peace of mind. Our service is also backed by the Helifix technical department and a Helifix insurance backed guarantee.
The Helifix brand image is based on quality and the ability to assist clients and Approved Contractors with reliable solutions to their problems. They have become a market leader in several areas such as remedial wall ties, crack stitching and lintel creation.
The Helifix system is a collection of materials, methods and techniques which allow economical and non-intrusive repair of cracked and damaged buildings. The system relies on three basic, but critical, elements which together combine to form an effective structural repair solution:
- Stainless steel remedial wall ties, helical bars, fixings and grouts. Designed to work together.
- A Nationwide group of trained expert installers who, with the expertise of Helifix, specify and apply the system.
- A unique insurance backed design and installation guarantee which is only available through Helifix approved installers.
The range of Helifix products includes:
- Helifix Helibar – helical stainless-steel bars for masonry reinforcement, application, including lateral restraint and crack stitching.
- Helifix BowTie – for providing Lateral Restraint to bowing walls.
- Helifix CemTie – Grouted tie for stabilising and consolidation of solid masonry. Internal/external walls, arches, delaminated masonry and rubble filled walls.
- Helifix DryFix – Remedial wall tie requiring no grouts, resins or mechanical expansion and with minimal disturbance to the existing structure.
- Helifix Crack Stitching – efficient and reliable means of permanently stitching/repairing masonry cracks.
Helifix have been testing and refining their systems since 1985. In 1993, following several years of experience, they introduced The Helibeam System of masonry reinforcement. A fully concealed system, it works in a composite action with the existing masonry to restore full structural integrity whilst avoiding costly and disruptive taking down and rebuilding.
This means that the Helifix products are:
- Purpose-designed for specific applications.
- Precision engineered to a unique helical design.
- Manufactured by Helifix in its own UK factory.
- Backed by comprehensive technical support service.
- Flexible, to accommodate normal structural movement.
- Suitable for all types of masonry from housing to tower blocks, churches and bridges.
- Ideal for historic and listed buildings.
- Austenitic stainless steel.
The Helibeam system works by reinstating structural integrity through masonry, providing additional lateral restraint and providing lintel support above openings in an economic and stress-free way.
Whilst most building insurances do not cover issues unrelated to subsidence, the Helifix insurance backed guarantee provides our clients with peace of mind and quality assurance. It may also provide the assurances the purchasers and mortgage providers require to allow sales to go through without delays.
What does it mean to be a Helifix Approved Installer?
Helifix are not the only supplier of remedial structural solutions, however, the training and technical support that Helifix provide to their approved installers set them apart from competitors. This ensures that Helifix systems are fitted efficiently and effectively. All their approved installers go through a stringent training process and all approved surveyors have access to their technical support, ensuring that their systems are fitted both professionally and successfully whilst also ensuring customer satisfaction.
What is the Helifix approved installer guarantee scheme?
Helifix are so confident that their approved installers will fit the best solution available that they take on the insurance risk of structural repairs carried out using their materials. This is only possible because of the due diligence of the Helifix technical department, who assess all projects applying for guarantees and only give their approval after careful consideration.
The underwriter will not approve the guarantee unless:
- The Helifix system has been specified by Helifix or one of their approved installers.
- The system has been installed by an approved installer.
- The entire system, including design and application, has been assessed by the technical team at Helifix and has met their criteria.
These measures mean that lenders, buyers, homeowners, commercial and residential clients can access cost-effective and validated structural repair solutions which have passed through one of the best quality control systems in the industry.